Hello and welcome to another edition of Best 5 Reads. Lets begin!
1) First Alzheimer’s Guidelines for Clinical Practice Released
The Alzheimer’s Association has released the first clinical practice guidelines for evaluating Alzheimer’s disease and related dementias in primary and specialty care settings.
2) What is the Effect of Heat Waves on Psychiatric Populations?
At the moment there is a heatwave in the UK. The UK government has announced an Amber alert. A natural question for a Psychiatrist to ask, is what is the relationship between heatwaves and mental illness?
3) Heatwaves and Effects in Psychiatric Populations – Part 2
4) FDA Fast-Tracks Novel Treatment for Major Depressive Disorder
An investigational treatment for major depressive disorder (MDD), AGN-241751 (Allergan), has been granted Fast Track designation by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
AGN-241751 is a novel, orally bioavailable, small molecule N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor (NMDAR) modulator currently being evaluated in a Phase 2 double-blind, placebo-controlled, fixed-dose study involving 250 participants with MDD. The primary outcome measure of the study is change from baseline in Montgomery-Asberg Depression Rating Scale (MADRS) total score.
5) Physical Activity and Incident Depression: What the Data Tell Us
A body (and mind) in motion stays in motion. To decrease the risk of future depression in people of all ages, remind patients to get moving.
Thank you and see you tomorrow for some more exciting articles 🙂