Hello everyone! I hope all of you had a wonderful weekend. Lets begin our week with Best 5 Reads!
1) Facebook’s AI Suicide Prevention Program: Likes and Dislikes
One year after the launch of an artificial intelligence (AI) program that scans accounts for signs of suicidal intent in its users, experts weigh in with their likes and dislikes of the initiative.
2) Inside Facebook’s Suicide Algorithm
Here’s how the company uses artificial intelligence to predict your mental state from your posts
3) First ever cross-government suicide prevention plan published
The plan for reducing deaths from suicide in England has a focus on how social media and the latest technology can identify those most at risk.
4) To Make Sense of the Present, Brains May Predict the Future
A controversial theory suggests that perception, motor control, memory and other brain functions all depend on comparisons between ongoing actual experiences and the brain’s modeled expectations.
5) Sorting Out the Antidepressant “Withdrawal” Controversy
With a combined 70+ years of clinical experience, the authors discuss scenarios that represent two possible outcomes of discontinuing serotonergic antidepressants.
One thought on ““Inside Facebook’s Suicide Algorithm” AND More on Best 5 Monday Reads”
Reblogged this on Dr Chipi Kadzongwe.